The fire service is reminding people to make sure cooking appliances are switched off before going to bed.
It’s after they were called out to a house fire in Peel at the weekend.
In the early hours of Sunday morning Firefighters were needed at Kerroo Coar after items left on the hob left a home smokelogged.
Crews used an extinguisher for the blaze and then ventilated the building before the occupants and their two pet dogs were able to return.
As a reuslt, the public is being urged to always remove pans and check everything is off before going to sleep.