A court’s heard a man was part of a trio of people who broke into a flat, attacking its occupant and stealing from them.
Ryan Ali Mahmoud El-Meligy of Tromode Road in Douglas appeared before magistrates at Douglas Courthouse.
The 23 year old hasn’t yet entered a plea to one count of burglary at a flat in Sherwood Terrace on July 14.
Prosecutor Rebecca Cubbon told the court one person initially went into the flat, assaulting a man inside and opening the door for two others – including Mr El-Meligy.
It’s then said they stole items including an iPhone, Apple watch, vape and a North Face jacket before making off.
Police later arrested Mr El-Meligy who said although he’d been at the flat he hadn’t stolen anything or taken part in an attack and had been invited to the address to have a drink.
Magistrates refused a bail application and remanded Mr El-Meligy in custody until July 21.